Basic Navigation - CMiC Enterprise
The purpose of this guide is for navigation in
the Enterprise environment only and does not contain training for specific
functions within CMiC. Training guides
are available on SwinNet.
CMiC has two environments, JSP and Enterprise
- Project Teams will access the Project Management module through JSP
- Finance and Accounting will access the system in Enterprise, also known as Forms.
- Both environments share the same data. Changes made in one environment will be reflected in the other.
- From SwinNet, hover over the CMiC tab, then click ‘CMiC Enterprise’.
- Enter User Name and Password
- Click OK
STEP 1: Click in the box next to the module to expand folders – Sub-folders and Menu Items will be visible.
STEP 2: Click on Application. Application will open on right side of screen.
STEP 3: Click to collapse folders.
Accessing Applications from Menus - NOTE: Logs can only be accessed from the Main Menus
STEP 1: Double click on module name in Treeview.
STEP 2: Subfolders now appear at the top of the right side of the screen.
STEP 3: Click on desired Menu item.
STEP 4: Select the menu option from the pull-down menu.
- Transactions, queries, reports, etc. are company specific.
- In most screens, the ‘Company’ field will default based on user default. Default Company can be changed at time of entry.
- User ‘Company’ defaults are set based on the user’s Home Company. Department default is 00.
- Default Company can be changed in each module if desired. NOTE: depending on your role, companies may be secured and not available for selection
- NOTE: Changing User Default only changes the default for that specific module.
To change Default
Company and/or Department:
STEP 1: Click next to module – Example: Accounts Payable
STEP 2: Click Setup
STEP 3: Click Set User Defaults
STEP 4: Enter desired information into fields or double click in field to select from List of Values
STEP 5: Click Save
- A screen can be made up of different sections. Each section has a title and a blue line denoting each separate section.
- Page Up and Page Down to navigate between sections on a screen.
- Screens can also contain multiple tabs. Each tab has a title.
- Click on the tab to move between pages. All mandatory fields must be completed on a tab before moving to another tab.
- Data Fields can be Entry fields or Display fields.
- Entry fields are shown in White and Display fields are shown in Yellow. Display fields cannot be modified.
- Mandatory fields are not noted on the screen.
- Tab or enter to move from field to field on the screen. You will not be able to tab through a mandatory field without entering the data.
- To move back to a prior field, Shift Tab.
- There are different types of Entry fields.
- Standard Entry Fields
- Drop Down Lists – Allows user to search or select from list. Drop down lists are indicated by an Arrow at the end of the field.
- Check Boxes – Used for Yes/No answers. Click with your mouse or spacebar to check or un-check boxes.
- Each screen contains a toolbar of Icons across the top of the screen. These icons are short cuts to perform specific tasks within the screen.
- Some functions can also be performed by using the Function keys on your keyboard.
- The following screens show each Icon and its functionality. The corresponding Function key is also shown.
- To display data in the system, you must query by pressing F11 or by using the Enter Query Icon on the Toolbar.
- Multiple fields will turn blue. You can query on any blue field by entering the desired information for the search or by click F9 is a list of values is associated with the field.
- Type in a specific name to look for
- "_" - (Underscore) represents a single "wild card" character
- "%" - (Percent Sign) represents a combination of character "wild card" before, after or within the % sign.
- "="- (Equal Sign) Equal to
- "!=" - (Exclamation Point & Equal Sign) Not equal to
- "<>" - Not equal to
- ">" - Greater than
- ">=" - Greater than or equal to
- "<" - Less than
- "<=" - Less than or equal to
- "BETWEEN" - Between two values
- "NOT BETWEEN" - Results will be outside of the 'not between' values
- Press F12 or the Execute Query Icon on the Toolbar to retrieve the information.
- Sort: To Sort information by column in either ascending or descending order, click on the column title. Click again to reverse the order.
Many fields on a screen will have a
List of Values attached.
- Accessing a List of Values can be done three different ways:
- Double click the mouse in the field
- Press F9
- Use the List of Values Icon on the Toolbar