This document describes how to prevent authentication prompts in Firefox web browser when accessing sites that use Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS).
When going to a web site that uses Swinerton's ADFS for single sign-on using the Firefox web browser, there is a pop-up to enter the Swinerton username/password. This document describes how to configure Firefox so that authentication happens automatically and the pop-up does not appear, and the user does not need to enter their username and password.
Add the URL of the Identity Provider (IdP) server as a trusted NTLM authentication source.
- In the Firefox address bar, type about:config.
- The browser will display a warning message, click Continue.
- Search for network.automatic.
- Double click on network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris to modify the configuration.
- Enter the IdP redirect address. For example https://adfs.example.com.
- Click OK to exit the dialog box.