There are two different methods that can be used to create an individual assignment on the Boards Page.
Below are instructions on how to use each one:
Drag and Drop
- Go to the Boards page and find your desired resource in the Resource Bench (located on the left-hand side of the page).
- Click+hold on the resource card, drag it into the desired assignment field/project, and release.
When the resource card is placed, the assignment details modal will automatically populate.
- Enter all of your desired assignment details, such as the assignment duration, working days, start and end times, etc.
- Choose to either Save, or Save & Alert the assignee
Choosing Save creates the assignment and shows you the Gantt view of the assignment details. If the details are correct, click Close.
- Hover your cursor over the assignment bar to populate the assignment details at the bottom of the modal.
Choosing Save & Alert automatically takes you to the Assignment Alert modal. This is where you will edit the recipients and content of the alert.
You can choose to send the alert now, schedule it for a future time, or save it as a draft.
- Go to the Boards page and choose a resource from the Resource Bench (located on the left-hand side of the page)
- Hover over your chosen resource card and the Gantt icon will appear on the right side of the resource card
- Click on the Gantt icon to bring up the desired resource’s Gantt view.
- To create an individual assignment, click the New button in the top-right corner.
- If the resource is already assigned to another project, an assignment color bar will be shown here.
- Select a project from the drop down menu
- Enter your desired assignment details
- Choose to either Save or Save & Alert
Note: The resource assignment card will only be visible in the project field when your currently viewed date falls within the assignment's date range.